February 24th is World Bartender Day! We’re celebrating with a delicious, doggy-inspired beverage – the Bulldog Smash cocktail!
Watch the video above to see Mavis, our resident “barktender,” share her recipe for a drink that’ll make your face wrinkle with delight.
Make the Bulldog Smash cocktail at your next party, and your guests will bark for joy as they raise a glass! Remember to tip your bartender, even if they’re the furry kind!
Check out the full recipe below.
The Bulldog Smash Cocktail Recipe
If Mavis is moving a little too fast for you to jot down the recipe for the Bulldog Smash cocktail, here it is:
- 1. Use a muddler to muddle a fresh lemon wedge, a slice of peach, and few mint leaves
- 2. Add 1 tsp sugar syrup to your cocktail shaker
- 3. Pour 2 shots of bourbon into the shaker
- 4. Add 1 shot of triple sec to the shaker
- 5. Shake well
- 6. Pour the muddled fruit-mint mixture into a Rocks glass.
- 7. Add ice to the Rocks glass
- 8. Top off the glass with the mixture from your shaker
- 9. Garnish with fresh mint
- 10. Enjoy your Bulldog Smash with friends!
Remember, cocktails are for humans ONLY. Alcohol is toxic to dogs. If you want your pooch to join your festivities, you can always consider a non-alcoholic beer made especially for dogs with broth instead of booze!
Would you try the Bulldog Smash cocktail? Do you know any other pooch-inspired beverages we should try on World Bartender Day? Then let us know in the comments below!
Also, check out these other dog-themed drinks from our favorite barktender: